Saturday, March 20, 2010

Slug hats!

So finally, here are my first attempts at a baby slug hat:

Not too pretty, I know.  I used acrylic yarn just to figure out a pattern, but the color looks much better in person than in this picture (which is why I do not take my own Etsy pictures - thank you wonderful boyfriend!).  The eye also needs some work.

Next I tried using Debbie Bliss 100% cotton, which is extremely soft (perfect for baby clothing).

The pattern is the same, but it worked up much nicer with the cotton.  Here is it with the beginnings of
the eye:
Next steps:
Add a pupil to the eye and attach the whole thing to the hat.  I'll add padding so the eye is slightly raised.  I'm also trying a different pattern for the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment